Tuesday 20 June 2023

Tips tricks and techniques Tuesday Circle Sayings

 Today's card features a fun technique called decoupage.  This is where layers of the same image are placed up on each other to give a 3d effect. I think that the sun and sea image from the Circle Sayings stamps are perfect for those who are just starting their decoupage journey. The stamps also come in a bundle with a ohh so useful 6cm (2-3/8") circle punch. 

Circle sayings stampin up simple decoupage warm hello card

So to start with I stamped the sun and sea image 3 times. The first one I punched out using the circle punch.  The second I cut out the sea only and the 3rd I cut just the crests of the waves. I then stamped the seashell image and punched that out. Then I cut the the inner edge of the image.

Now the fun part colouring them all in!.  The final step is to layer them all together using 3d foam. Starting with the largest sea image over the whole thing then the crests of the waves ontop of that. I put the Seashells on top of the sea layer too.

That was the focal point done . Now all that was left was to create the card itself. 

Circle sayings stampin up simple decoupage warm hello card

I chose to use a blue and yellow colour palette because it is just so cheerful. I punched a circle from the blue layer before embossing it. This was  so that the focal image would be recessed once the blue mat was adhered using 3d foam. 

Circle sayings stampin up simple decoupage warm hello card

I love the dimension that the decoupage give the card.
For the inside I replicated the seashell image on one corner and added the smile sentiment. 

Circle sayings stampin up simple decoupage warm hello card

I coloured a few of these fun Flat backed pearls with a yellow alcohol marker just to add a little something something. 

Circle sayings stampin up simple decoupage warm hello card

And there you have it today's  decoupage card.

Circle sayings stampin up simple decoupage warm hello card

Pop back tomorrow for another idea using the oh so versatile Circle Sayings set.





No comments:

Post a Comment