Wednesday 14 June 2023

Watercolour Wednesday - Men's Cards - Beautiful Balloons

 Well!!! Did I get messy making this card today! I was very impressed how messy I was. Cary would be very proud of me I'm sure! I didn't know when I started this that I was going to use the Beautiful Balloons stamp set but I am so pleased that I did. I started by taking a piece of A4 white card and soaked it thoroughly in water. While it was still puddly, I dropped lots of ink all over the paper. I did have to re-add some at different stages. There was in fact so much liquid on the paper in the end, that I saved some in a little jam jar! Needless to say, I had to leave it to thoroughly dry before I could start to work with it and I had no idea if it would work but it did! 

I stamped several of the balloons in Versamark ink in several areas on the now coloured card. I poured Clear Embossing Powder over it and once I removed the excess powder, I heat set it. I love the way that the colours have popped with the clear powder. 

I embossed a piece of the coloured Holographic foil and embossed it using the Metal Plate dry embossing folder. I took a card base in Lemon Lime Twist, a white mat and then added the foil before I decorated the balloons over then added a sentiment. 

It was simple and messy...very. Fun...yes. But please don't tell Cary!


Here is my dry mat of colour with the Versamark stamped balloons on.




The paper while it was beginning to dry.
the puddle of colours, above and below
 
Here is the paper once it was dry and before I stamped on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment