Friday 28 August 2020

Fun Fold Friday Rooted in Nature

 wow what a week it's been! It started with my birthday and is ending with the amazing #SULeadersSummit !! Leaders Summit is an amazing gathering of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from around the world to share, connect and learn from each other. Gill and I are both honoured and excited to be a part of this fantastic gathering . The most amazing part of this experience for ne is being able to connect with others . Stampin' Up!  Is a family and we have branches that spread wide and riits that are deep just like  the beautiful oak tree in the Rooted in Nature stamp set so for today's fun fold card I had to incorporate the stunning oak tree stamp and send a message to all our fellow demonstrators You are Wonderful 🧡

The fun fold is called a side stepper card and I found a template online  and adapted it to suit me 😉 The card base is made from a piece of card measuring 14 85cm x 10.5cm. 

I then marked lightly from the right hand side 7cm in and 7cm down along the long side. This is the point at which you start a cut line that will finish at the 18cm mark. (See photo below)

Now to create the folds. On the left hand side of the cut line score at 10.5cm to the line. Now on the right hand side score to the line at 7cm, 13cm, 14 5cm, 16cm and 18cm ( see photo below)

Fold the 10.5cm scoreline as a mountain fold gently. The 18cm score line is also a mountain fold. The 16cm is a valley,  the 14.5cm is a mountain the 14cm a valley and finally the 7cm score line is a mountain fold. (The photo below show it better than I can describe it 😉)

I've used some of the gorgeous Plaid Tidings paper from the winter mini catalogue from Stampin' Up! To create a background for my stamped and die cut trees. I fussy cut the sentiment and log cut added a little gingham ribbon and voilà my card to celebrate all ou fellow demonstrators was done 😀

Now Gill and I will be having  a busy weekend with a few late nights at #SULeadersSummit . I hope you have a fab weekend too and will join me here next week to see what lovely inspiration Gill will be sharing with us all.

Have Fun

Cary xxx

 fun fold rooted in nature Stampinup









No comments:

Post a Comment