Wednesday 5 August 2020

Watercolour Wednesday 

Today I did a Cary! That's a term that we use when I get messy and covered with ink!
There is absolutely no reason why I should get messy but hey, there it is, I did!
Using some of the Fluid 100 Watercolour Paper from Stampin' Up! I stamped several images of the 2 different poppies using Stazon Ink Pad.
Then using 4 different colours one by one and waiting for each layer to dry, I watercoloured over the images. I used a clear block to pick up the ink from the ink pad. Then adding a little water to spread the coloured ink, I played with the colours on the flowers.
I used Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, Calypso and Melon Mambo ink pads.
Before adding ink to the paper, I spritzed it really well so that the colour moved across the paper naturally.
I did also help it along by tipping it around the paper too.
I then die cut several circles and frames from the Stitched Labels dies and die cut several of the different leaves in Flirty Flamingo and Blushing Bride card stock. The leaves and poppies were glued with tombow, multipurpose glue and added them onto the circle and one of them inside the circular frame.
I curled the poppies while they were a little damp.
Completing the card by adding messages inside and out.
For the inside mat, I edged it with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink pad. 




Another of the poppies was added to the inside to finish this off.

2 comments:

  1. I always get messy. I would have ended up with finger prints everywhere too and had to start again. The card looks fabulous

    Claire
    Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs H, Thank you for your lovely comment. I will always get myself plastered with ink which is why I generally dont do messy cards! I leave those to Cary!

      Delete