Monday 24 August 2020

Make it simple Monday Rooted in Nature

 Welcome to the first of this week's samples featuring the oh so elegant Rooted in Nature stamp set. Rooted in Nature has been around for a couple of years but is not one that I have played a lot with. So I thought it was about time I had a go 😊

Today's inspiration shows that you don't have to be restricted to "natural " colours, although they do look lovely 😊, when using a nature set. 

I have created 2 identical #simplestamping cards one in shades of  green and a touch a rich coppery tone. And the other in funky bright pink, purple and a sea blue/green colour combo. Both very different in feel but identical in design.

To create the card I stamped the sentiment in black. Then I cut a scrap of copier paper to fit over it. 

With the copier paper covering the sentiment I stamped 3 of the different  leaves from the Rooted in Nature set. To create a feeling of depth to the piece I stamped with out reinking the stamp several times. This is called generational stamping. It's perfect for beginners as it helps extend the colours of ink you have available . See the photo below for an example. Between each stamping instead of reinking I huffed over the stamp to reactive the colour. 

Once happy with the stamping I removed the copier paper mask. Now I take a black pen and draw a frame around the edges of the leaves framing the sentiment. 

Well that's all for today. Thank you for joining me and I hope you'll pop by tomorrow . 

 simple stamping rooted in nature easy card making





No comments:

Post a Comment