Friday 21 August 2020

Fun Fold Friday

 Fun Fold Friday

Hello on this lovely sunny Friday. Today's card is one that I have made for my daughter in law's mum. 
It's her birthday on Sunday and you know the expression, 2 birds with one stone... That's my card for today. This simple folded card is made from either a 14.85 cm square card or 6" by 6" square card. Either set of measurements will work. The stamp set is as all of this week, Nothing's Better Than.
More information HERE
I used metric so starting with a piece of A4, I cut it portrait style, at 14.85 cm. Then scored it also at    14.85 cm. The White card mat inside is also 14.85 cm square. I scored that at 7.4 and a smidge horizontally in both directions and then once diagonally. All folds must be nice and crisp so I used the bone folder to reinforce the edges of the folds.
Using a sheet of the white vellum, Plush Poinsettia papers, I cut 3 squares of 14.4cm by 14.4 cm or 5,3/4" square. I added those to the front and inside of the card. I took some DSP double sided paper or in Stampin' Up! terms Designer Series Paper and cut 2 squares of 14.4 cm square. I found the centre of the papers on one edge and in the middle, then pencilled a line from centre to outer corner on both pieces. These were then cut out. I added the 2 pieces of DSP before adding the White square or diamond as it was turned around. When fixing this centre piece to the card, make sure that you glue or tape 1 whole, unscored square at a time. I fixed the one on the right first then closed the card on top of it to make sure it was closed properly. Then repeated the same for the other side.
I added Silver Foiled card squares from the Stitched Shapes set of dies. I love those dies, they are so very versatile.
The 2 pieces of DSP cut out from the other earlier, was then trimmed down to fit the front and the points meet in the middle.
The rest was just decorated using the Nothing's Better Than stamp set. 
I added a white mat to the back of the card to write on and then added a couple of messages from the Best Year stamp set for the birthday greetings. 
 




My card is a standard opening card but it could just as easily be an A framed card. Either way will work really well.
Thank you for joining me this week. I hope my cards have given you some inspiration to make your own cards and projects. 
Please keep well, stay safe and keep on crafting, until next time xxx
:)) 
Cary will be back on Monday to show you some of her amazing designs.   

No comments:

Post a Comment