Friday 7 August 2020

Fun Fold Friday

Fun Fold Friday  

My last card this week, is a tri-fold card. I have made it a slightly special one as it's my
son Jonathan and daughter-in-law Jemma's 4th wedding anniversary on Thursday just gone. 
So a very happy anniversary from me to them both.
Anyway, my card is initially an A4 piece of card cut at 29.7cm by 14.85cm or 5, 7/8"
Unfortunately, A4 card is not a universal measurement. It varies from the UK and Europe to USA and Australia and so on. So if you use your standard A4 card length and measurements close to that, you'll make a beautiful card.
Once cut, I scored it into 3 equal sections, here it is 9.9cm or 3, 7/8th". Yes in the UK we still use both Imperial and Metric measurements. As I grew up with Imperial, I now still use both.
I then took a piece of Window Sheet or acetate slightly larger than the Stitched Rectangles that I die cut out and stamped the Poppies in Stazon on one side.
Once it was thoroughly dry and no risk of smudging, I used my Stampin' Blends in Poppy Parade to colour the images from behind. You cannot colour in Blends onto Stazon as they are both alcohhol based inks and used together they would blend right into each other. Water based marker pens cannot be permanent on Acetate. I then added the frame to the front of the image on the window sheet and finely cut it out. I cut out a rectangle from the front of my card the same size as my frame then using the Adhesive strips I mounted the framed acetate and placed it around the aperture in the card.
As it is a special card I added the retired Painted Poppies sequins from last year and then another Stitched Rectangle frame the same size as before and secured that over the aperture with the sequins in.
Once they are secure, I went onto the inside mats. The mats inside are 14.4cm by 9.5cm and I cut 2, one for both inside faces. I embossed them both using the Subtle embossing folder. From there, it was just a matter of adding the mats to the card and finishing off the messaging.
I added a little Happy Anniversary as a stand to make the card stand like an Easel card.
I really hope they like it?






Here are the products that I used on this week's and today's card.
Painted Poppies stamps, Peaceful Moments stamps, Poppy Moments Dies, Subtle Embossing Folder,  Stitched Rectangles Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Blends, Ink pads, Ribbons. Card = Whisper White, Pool Party, Basic Black Daffodil Delight, Blushing Bride and Flirty Flamingo.
Painted Poppies Sequins (sadly now retired), Foam Adhesive Strips, Dimensionals, Window Sheets, Tombow Multipurpose glue.
Follow this link HERE to see all of the products you will need.

Thank you so much for joining me and I really hope that I've been able to
inspire you in some way this week.
Have fun, keep well, stay safe and keep on crafting.
Please stop by and see what creations that Cary hopes to inspire you with next week.
Gill xxxx ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜

2 comments:

  1. A stunning card for the special couple
    Claire https://m.facebook.com/amanda.carlsen1/albums/533195817398984/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree and theank you so much Mrs H xxx

      Delete