Tuesday 25 August 2020

Tips,Tricks and Techniques Tuesday Rooted in Nature

 For today's inspiration I thought I'd share a very on trend technique, here in the UK at least πŸ˜‰, using my featured stamp set Rooted in Nature. 

Called the One Sheet Wonder, OSW for short, it does have a couple of meanings. One idea for a OSW involves taking a piece of patterned paper, usually  6" x 6" or 12" x 12", and using a guide cutting it up to make multiple cards with different portions of the paper on them.

 It can also mean creating your own pattern paper and using it as background paper. The size for this way varies but is usually A4 and make 4 card fronts or A5 and make 2 card fronts.

My projects today use both these meanings, I know I'm being greedy πŸ™ƒ but hey I'm in charge this week πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…. 

What I have changed up a bit is that I've used a piece  of card the is the size of a card front . For me this is 14.85cm x 10.5cm. Stamped all over using the large and small leaf vein stamps from the Rooted in Nature set. The colours I chose for this are a deep red, a rich yellow and a pale sea blue. If you speak Stampin' Up!  thats Merry Merlot, Bumblebee and Pool Party.

Once stamped I then created a cutting guide, photo below. The measurements are as follows  A = 3cm x 3cm B = 4.85 cm x 4.85cm C = 7cm x 7cm. There is very little waste on this plan and it gave me enough pieces to create 3 cards.

I hope that I've inspired you to have a go at a One Sheet Wonder,  of any style, and that you'll share your creations with us all.



 one sheet wonder rooted in nature fun card idea stampin up







2 comments: