Thursday 6 August 2020

Throwback Thursday

Throwback Thursday 

Today I have been reminiscing over a stamp set that Stampin' Up! used to sell called Pleasant Poppies.
It was 1 stamp with a row of poppies right across the paper. I used that stamp set a lot.
The one I used today, reminds me of that stamp too only this one is very small.
I stamped the image twice across some sticky notes. Then yep, I fussy cut the images out to give me a mask. I stamped the poppies twice across a Whisper White mat then added the mask.
As I had left some of the sticky on the mask, I was able to put it directly over the previously stamped images. That then covered up what I had stamped and I stamped the images again and repeated it once more.
I then had 3 rows of poppies. Yes, the poppies are rather tiny so I did miss a little of the image in a few places. I used my Basic Black Stampin! Write Marker Pen and just drew the few images that were needed.
Using Daffodil Delight Blends in light at first then the in the dark repeating again the light pen all over.
I added a little strip of the Daffodil Delight Ruched Ribbon and a small bow to the White mat.
That was glued to a Daffodil Delight and then in turn to a Basic Black card mat. I repeated the coloured mats inside to add balance. I stamped 2 poppies to a die cut Stitched circle  and coloured them in the same as before, then added them to the card.
A lovely message, Life is better with a friend like you, added to the front  and Wishing you every happiness this special day will bring to the inside.
The messages are from Peaceful Moments and the images Painted Poppies stamp sets.
More information HERE
Should you decide that you would like to buy the stamps and the matching dies, you can save 10% by ordering the 'bundle'.





Below is the mask that I cut out in Sticky notes.


Here is the gorgeous stamp set that inspired me to make this card, Pleasant Poppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment