Tuesday 11 August 2020

Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tuesday Hand-Drawn Blooms

 Question...do you ever make something that you're really happy with and then. ..Bam.. you ruin it with a silly mistake ? Well that's  what happened to me making today's Hand-Drawn Blooms sample!!

I wanted to share with you tips on blending colours, how to incorporate embossing folders to create texture, and a few others .. but instead I'm going to share my mistakes!! And how I rectified them because there is no such thing as a mistake...it's just an opportunity to work outside the box!!!

I had it in my mind to make a single layer card using blending techniques and it started out so well. I used Flirty Flamingo, Calypso Coral and Melon Mambo ( such cool names ๐Ÿ˜ƒ) and starting from the outside edges  with flirty gently worked in towards the middle.  Then I added the coral and finally the melon. 

So far so good now I wanted to add my sentiment before I embossed the piece. I choose  Night of Navy ink as I felt black was to stark. And Bam there it was I'd stampes the sentiment in the wrong place! And it gets even better because I didn't realise it until I'd embossed it! ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

So off I went and created another piece, same technique but the sentiment in the right place.. but no I only went and spoiled it again!! How? In my infinite wisdom I decided it would be improved by a few water splashes. If you lightly spritz or splash  a blended background with water the water repels the pigment in the ink and creates a speckled effect which is rather pleasing . But and this is a big But remember that this only works on water based inks! So how did it spoil this sample? I forgot that I'd stamped my sentiment in waterbased ink to!!! So it smudged ahhhh

Take 3 and I finally got it right, sentiment stamped after water spritzing, sentiment in the right place ๐Ÿ˜€ 

But as a result of my mistakes I had two pieces that I really liked, apart from my mistakes. So what to do? Well as with all good crafters a mistake is just an opportunity to embellish and think outside the box.  

Result 3 for the price of 1 !! 

How do you rectify your crafty mistakes?


 hand drawn blooms ink blending card making mistakes stampin up




1 comment: