Wednesday 26 August 2020

Watercolour Wednesday Rooted in Nature

 For today's samples I've again gone for the unexpected colour combo for the Rooted in Nature  stamp set...as you may have guessed I'm a bit of a colour rebel  😜 So combining bright colours and messy watercolour techniques is right up my street 🤣🤣🤣

For the background I created one of my favourite wet watercolour backgrounds using royal purple, bright blue and strong sea blue/green  colours. The technique is simple useing watercolour paper spritz well with water over the entire surface. Now drop reinker onto a silicon sheet or piece of plastic and with a water painter add a few drops of water. Now the fun begins! Take you water painter and pick up some of the ink and gently drop it onto the wet watercolour paper and watch it spread and as you add other colours merge to create unique backgrounds 😃 I would advise leaving the piece to dry naturally as you want the colours to saturate and stay because if you use a heat tool the water will get blown around on the surface. 

Once I had my background made I decided I wanted lots of texture so I pulled out my embossing folders, dies  and embossing paste. First I die cut a mask from a piece of vellum and used this with embossing paste onto one piece of my background.

Popping this aside I took out my embossing folders and embossed a piece of vellum to place over the second background. 

I then heat embossed the tree image in clear embossing power and die cut it out twice. I then used white heat embossing powder to stamp 2 sentiments and cut these out.

A small splash of silver mesh ribbon and both cards came together. Now my photos don't do the cards justice 😒  they are very textural and look much better in real life !

I hope you like my adventures into colour and texture because they sure were fun to create 😄 

 rooted in nature watercolour backgrounds texture ideas for cards bright colours stampin up




No comments:

Post a Comment