Wednesday 12 August 2020

Watercolour Wednesday Hand-Drawn Blooms

Well todays cards left me with messy hands again 🙃  but the samples are quite clean looking 😉 The Hand-Drawn Blooms stamps have a beautiful coordinating die set. So I took a sheet of watercolour paper and reinkers to create a unique piece to use with dies and heat embossing that became the focus of my cards for today.

Creating the watercolour sheet was easy if not a little messy 😅 I spritzed the paper thoroughly with water. Then using a water painter I watered down a drop of reinker put on an acrylic block with a few drops of water. Next taking the water painter I dropped the ink randomly onto the wet watercolour paper and watched as it spread around. I always have kitchen roll on hand to mop up spills over the edge of the paper. Usually I leave my pieces to dry naturally but today I used my my heat tool for speed.

Using the heat tool made me think of heat embossing so I used white embossing powder  and versamark on my stamps on a part of the sheet. I used this portion to create the Hello card. 

With the remaining portion of background I die cut the beautiful bunch of flowers. Tip you may need to run it through the machine several times as the watercolour paper is both thick and fibrous.  I then heat embossed in white the sentiment. 

I hope that you're all well and if you're in the UK that the heat isn't causing you to many problems. 




 hand drawnblooms stampin up watercolour easy die cutting





1 comment: