Friday 11 September 2020

Fun Fold Friday Gnome for the Holidays

 For my final post of the week showcasing the Gnomes for the Holidays I'm going to share a card that I made during a mystery card zoom event. The event was great fun. The theme was Peek-a-Boo cards so the card I made just popped into my head!!

The peek-a-boo card to me means a hidden message on the card. And straight away the idea of the little door on the gnomes sweet gnome opening came to mind ๐Ÿ˜‰

So I started by stamping the tree image onto a piece of card. I chose a piece of light blue card and stamped in Memento black ink. I then used alcohol markers to colour it in. I then used a craft knife and carefully cut the door so that it folded open. 

Next I stamped the sentiment I wanted to use onto a strip of white card. I then cut it up so that I could make it fit behind the door. Now I took a small piece of white card and place it behind the opening of the door and using a pencil lightly traced the opening outline. Now carefully stick the words into the space and carefully rub out the pencil lines. I then popped some 3D foam around the words and placed it behind the stamped image. 

I just had to use more of the fab Plaid Tidings pattern paper on the card and used this to dictate the colour pallette for the card.

So that's it from me this week. I do hope you've enjoyed my samples. If you have and would like to buy your own gnomes please consider shopping with us by clicking HERE

I do hope you've enjoyed my inspiration this week as much as I've enjoyed making them ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Have a great weekend and please join me next week when Gill will be sharing her creations with us all.

Have fun

Cary xx 










No comments:

Post a Comment