Tuesday 22 September 2020

Tip, Tricks and Techniques Tuesday Don't Stop Believing

 For today's Tip, Tricks and Techniques Tuesday post I thought I'd share a super easy technique that is great for those who don't own a die cutting or embossing machine. The simple line drawn image of Santa from the Don't Stop Believing stamp set needed some texture for the background and this is what I came up with 1 traditional in colour and the other more contemporary in colour.

This quick and easy technique uses strips of card stock in the same colour as the card. All you have to do is cut a number of strips. Then lay them out in a design that appeals to you. I used 1cm for the cherry cobbler red card and 0.5cm strips for the Bermuda bay blue one. The size of the strips can be any size and will help create different effects.

Once I had decided on the layout I then used wet glue to stick them down. After trimming the over hanging bits,  I use scissors and cut from the rear so that I could keep my cuts clise to the card edge, I stuck my textured layer onto my card base. 

I stamped my image and sentiment in black memento ink and colour in using the corresponding colours.

So my question for today is do you prefer traditional cherry cobbler red or contemporary Bermuda bay blue? 

Ohhhh and we happy to share that tomorrow Stampin Up is holding a flash 1 day stamp set sale!!! 15% off certain set pop back tomorrow to see the list. We'd love for you to buy through us if you're in the Uk, Germany,  France,  Austria or The Netherlands. 




stampin up don't stop believing christmas card easy way to add texture traditional christmas contemporary christmas fun idea for scraps of card




2 comments:

  1. Stunning...love the texture idea..will definitely give it a go. Hard to choose between the 2..both are lovely and the stamp set is a must have. Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š you are so right this is a must have stamp set ๐Ÿ˜‰

      Delete