Wednesday 30 September 2020

Watercolour Wednesday - Most Wonderful Time

 It certainly is getting close now! I apologise for not showing any project yesterday and the day before. Life has been so hectic that time has just escaped me! Well, have you started making your Christmas cards yet? No? Well we have started to make some examples to get us going. So here goes!

I made time today for some watercolouring. Using a large acrylic block, and most of the Subtles Ink Pads (the paler shades) I inked the block about 2cm at a time so that all of the colours were along the block. I spritzed a piece of Watercolour Paper with water and also spritzed the block so that the colours would merge on it. I'm really quite pleased with the result. I love watercolouring this way as I'm not good enough to watercolour designs, this way, not even I can go wrong. I tried by using the marker pens but couldn't add enough of the ink to make the colour strong enough. Once the paper was lovely and wet, I placed the block ink down onto it. Then slowly dragged it from one side to the other. Once dry I used the HAPPY die. I repeated it using Gold Foiled paper and used wet glue to add it to the gold like a shadow. I repeated the same with the Christmas die. The Happy was fixed using black sticky foam and the Christmas with wet glue. I fussy cut the parcels and ribbons which were stamped in the gorgeous Blackberry Bliss Ink. I embossed the card front with the Woodland embossing folder. All in all a very simple watercolour card.

Here's my piece of watercolour card that I played with.








No comments:

Post a Comment