Thursday 3 September 2020

Throwback Thursday - Autumn Greetings

Hello and welcome back. I'm assured that today the weather is going to reach a warm 20 degrees, we'll see. Yesterday, I sat and shivered for most of the day, that is until I had cuddles with my gorgeous grandson Theo. I consider myself to be the luckiest person around as I get to see my children, grandchildren and great grandson grow up. Isn't that just great? Well I think so! Anyway back to the beautiful Autumn Greetings stamps. I wasn't overstruck by these stamps initially as we don't celebrate Autumn here in the U.K. Which I now consider to be very sad. 'Cos I now love this set! Yes, it has only a few image stamps but I have been able to do so much more than I thought I could with them!

  I started off remembering a card I made using my favourite Red and Black card with a simple decoration on. I cannot find the card now so I guess it's one that I sent to someone! I don't know what it is but I love the combination of those 2 colours. They're just made for each other. I folded the card base and cut a Red mat slightly smaller than the card base. I stamped the large image in Versamark, which is a watermark ink pad then covered it with Black embossing powder. Once the powder was on, I tapped off the excess and poured it back in the pot and then heat set the image. Adding a simple message and a similar effect for the inside, the card was complete. I decided  to add a strip of curled, Metallic ribbon and fixed it in place on one side. Added the mat and voila!

I was so carried away, I made another in Red and White this time. I do so love a simple card.




 2nd card





I hope you like heat embossing as it is so easy and gives such a lovely effect.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment