Wednesday 2 September 2020

Watercolour Wednesday

 Watercolour Wednesday  

Hello this really chilly morning. I really do not like the cold and I'm getting worse the older I get! Cary however, LOVES the colder weather other than the fact the sun doesnt shine. She loves the sun and I just like being warm!

Anyway, I have again been playing with the Autumn Greetings stamp set, more information HERE. This time I stamped an acrylic block onto the ink pad, dropped a little water from water brush and using a sponge, gently rubbed it across the card mat. I tore a piece of printer paper in half and placed each piece across the Whisper White mat leaving a gap between them. I slowly added some different colours using the same method and gently coloured in the band between the pieces of paper. I used Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and a little Cherry Cobbler ink pads. Then using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, I stamped the large image from the set across the gap. 

Once the paper was removed I embossed the tall card with 3D Hammered Metal embossing folder. I tied a knot in a strip of ribbon and fixed it along one side before adding the mat to the Cinnamon Cider card base. A message stamped onto Whisper White card and punched out using the 1,1/2" circle punch then added it to the circle of Cinnamon Cider. I completed this one by die-cutting a few of the leaves and a message for the inside.

 In theory these were not  #simplestamping cards but they were very easy cards to make with a little die-cutting added for embellishments.


2nd card



Autumn Greetings Stampin Up Watercolour Wednesday quick watercolour simple stamping


The second card was made in basically the same way as the first but this time no embossing. A simple message added to the front and inside to complete this one as well.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment