Tuesday 8 September 2020

Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tuesday Gnome for the Holidays

 Want to hear a secret? One that as a seasoned card maker I shouldn't have!....I find it really hard to use a coloured card base πŸ€ͺ....I know,  I know it's dreadful 🀣🀣🀣 But it really can be an issue especially when looking to use a more traditional colour pallette at Christmas.  Which is what I wanted to do with today's Gnome for the Holidays inspiration. 

So to find my inspiration for my red and green colour pallette I found a pattern paper that called to me. The paper is from a pack called Heartwarming Hugs from Stampin' Up! It uses a colour pallette of a traditional christmas red and green. But with a contemporary twist with the patterns, all stripes, checks and repeating tiles.

So I now had a pattern paper to work  from so choosing  coloured cardstock with which to make my card base was a lot easier πŸ™ƒ.  Fortunately for us Stampin' Up!  always include a list of the key colours that are used in the paper on the packet!!!

 So my first tip for this week...  look to pattern paper and use it to inspire your chosen card stock.

My second tip is if in doubt have a plan B πŸ˜‰  In the case of today's samples I also created the same card but using one of my favourite neutral colours Crumb Cake, a soft caramel beige.

So the question is did I make the coloured card bases work? Well coloured card for card bases may not be my go to but who knows I might be more tempted so watch this space πŸ™‚








2 comments:

  1. The red base really makes the card pop. I normally use whisper white or very vanilla for my base, too. In fact, I have a packet of whisper white already cut and folded as basic bases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly makes a change to use a coloured card base and I know I will be tryingbto use them more often πŸ˜€

      Delete