Tuesday 15 September 2020

Tips and Tricks Tuesday - Baby Wipes and Rubber Bands!

 Well, have I had fun today? I have been doing a Cary and choosing to get myself messy! Cary loves to do lots of different methods of making cards and although I love the Baby Wipe technique, I haven't used it in many years. Until today! It has been so much fun and because I kept moving the wipes in the tray, I got myself covered in ink! Oh well, never mind!!😀

I started by placing 5 or 6 baby wipes in a tray and then added numerous drops of re-inkers in 5 different colours, 3 blues and 2 yellows, although looking at my cards, you wouldn't think I had used blues at all! The next thing was to put some elastic or rubber bands around some different shaped acrylic blocks. The most bands that I used on a block was 3. Then I started to play. I had the Perfectly Plaid stamp set sitting on my desk so I took some white mats and using the blocks with bands on, made some different backgrounds. Then using 1 of the pine trees, I inked it up using the wipes and stamped them onto another mat and a spare mat to be punched out. I used another filling in stamp to colour them in too. 

The first card was on a soft blue card base. I had used the rubber bands and then a plain block to give a mottled effect too. Punching out 3 of the trees and mounted them using double sided foam or in Stampin' Up! words, Dimensionals and messages to complete it.


 
Here is the tray after I've been playing with the inks, rubber banded blocks and baby wipes. You can see that I haven't laid all of the bands flat too, that adds to the different dimensions and patterns.
 



 
The next card is very similar but this time I stamped the trees over the white card mat in different directions and then stamped a clean block onto the wipes and picked some of the ink up to give the wider mottled background.










 

 

Last card for today.

 

This last card I really went to town on. I used the rubber banded blocks again on this one and really randomly covered the white mat. I die cut a wreath from the Wreath Builder dies in 2 gorgeous shades of greens. I then stamped a third one using the baby wipes and inks. Yes, I just had to do some fussy cutting too, you know I love fussy cutting! I fussy cut out the wreath and added some of the little 'flowers' onto it. All mounted up, I think they look pretty good together. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment