Friday 18 September 2020

Fun Fold Friday

 Well, it's that time of the week again when I get to have even more fun by making a fun fold card. I have no idea why but I find making or even caseing a fun fold brings me great pleasure. 

This card today one is no exception. It is a standard Gatefold card but for the 1st time ever I used a plate to give me the shape at the top of the card! A die would also work but not through 3 layers of thick card. I also used the plate to shape the Copper Foiled card too. There are always ways to improvise and make things work to your best advantage. 

I covered the white card base using the lovely returning papers Brightly Gleaming. The gorgeous shades of blue and green mixed with a little vanilla and copper decorations in the set are perfect for Christmas and many other occasions too. Love it!

Anyway, my card is another very simple card to make as the card is literally folded into 3 equal parts and then the 2 outer edges are folded into the first fold on each side again giving you the gate fold effect. I stamped several of the little trees in Stazon black ink, then using the background stamp in the set and the inked baby wipes I made up for Tuesday's post and using a block, I transferred some of the ink to the front of the Christmas Trees then punched them out. As I said yesterday, I never throw or sell much of my old Stampin' Up! products away so I used the gorgeous Stars Border Punch and some of the Copper foiled paper to make decorations for the trees. I used some more messages from the Perfectly Plaid stamp set that I have used this week and were randomly added across the card and I'm done. 

More information on all of the products and the stamp set HERE

I don't think this card needs any bling as the copper gives a lovely shine to the whole card fortunately.




Thank you for joining me this week, I hope you've had as much fun as I have. Especially the getting inky fingers bit! Cary will be back on Monday with some more or her amazing creations so please join her and see what delights that she has in store for you. 

Take care, stay safe, Gill xxx :) ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
 

2 comments: