Wednesday 23 September 2020

Watercolour Wednesday Don't Stop Believing

 Well I'm not sure if the tequnique I've used for today's Don't Stop Believing card is a real watercolour one. But it does use water and colour sooooo.....

I first die cut the rectangle and gathered my bits together. I used an acrylic block, a classic ink pad and a water filled spritzer.

I then placed the acrylic block directly onto the ink pad. Once it had some ink on it I spritzed it liberally with water. Then in one quick motion I placed it ink side down onto the card. Below are some photos and a short video of these steps.

To highlight the focal point of the card I kept everything else white. To add texture and that something else I have used some gorgeous flocked vellum and a snowflake embossing folder both from Stampin' Up!'s winter catalogue. 

I hope you'll have a go at this fun watercolour technique ๐Ÿ˜‰ 


don't stop believin stampin up Christmas card simple cards








6 comments:

  1. Love this idea. Am definitely going to try x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. the stamp is from a Stampin Up stamp set called Don't Stop Believin. It is available in our online shop. Just click the link on the page.

      Delete
  3. Thank you! This is a perfect technique for that snowman stamp! I just tried it in different colors and it is so cute! Did you stamp with Memento Black or Basic Gray?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š I used memento black but basic gray would work well too.

      Delete