Monday 14 September 2020

Make It Monday - #Simple Stamping

 Hello and welcome back. Well, once again Cary's cards last week were an absolute hit. How on earth can I follow those gorgeous gnomes? Aren't they just cute?

I don't know about you but I've started trying to make my Christmas cards. I can hear some of you saying, ALREADY? Well from this year onwards, I aim to get my cards made and written before Christmas Eve! Here's hoping! Well it hasn't been very quiet here as my poor grandson Theo who is now 7+ months old has been teething like crazy all week and still, he has no teeth! I reckon the tooth fairy forgot to dish him out some! 😂😂

Back to my projects this week. I tried to make a jumping box card, no luck yet! I started a triple cube box card, no luck yet! So I came back to simpler cards. Jest as well as it's #simplestamping today.

A few months ago, Cary and I held a charity card making day for a local care home. Most of my card have now gone but here are a few pictures of the simple stamping ones. I used some retired white papers that have a simple image on. They werre the Irresistibly Floral papers. This first one is spots. I edged the card with the gorgeous sea green colour of the Bermuda Bay ink pad and mounted it onto a White card base. To decorate this one, I added what was a wreath but it broke as I was messing about with it! It come from the lovely set of foiled papers called Forever Gold Laser cut papers. They are simply beautiful. So here after I broke it, I saw the letter C and added 2 simple words, A Celebration from the Field of Flowers stamp set. I have left the inside panel, also in the sea green, blank as I thought it might be good for the person who bought it to add their own celebratory message.



 
The 2nd card I'm showing you is another from the gorgeous Forever Gold Laser cut papers.
These simple little laser cut papers are so easy to take out from the outer mat. A few foam mats behind it and onto the card and another one is completed. This time I had a die cut stitched circle left over from another project. I added the simple Happy Birthday from the Well Said stamp set and using pads, added that too over the leaf circle. I inked along the edged of the mat again in the sea green ink and another plain mat on the inside.



Using these laser cut papers and making a card couldn't be easier than abc.



No comments:

Post a Comment