Wednesday 16 September 2020

Watercolour Wednesday

 My watercolour card today is the smallest amount of watercolouring that I have ever done on a card! I still got very messy though! I started by covering the white mat with low tack sticky tape along the areas that I wanted to colour in. Then I used only a few colours and one of the new water brushes from Stampin' Up! I took the largest brush which is about 1/2" wide. I added a few drops of lovely bluey green onto a clear block and then spritzed it a few times with water. I mixed it in with the brush and just literally washed it across the middle of the taped area.  Then using2 more different colours, blue and yellow I did the same. The last one, the yellow, I used with a very fine water brush and just put a few spots and dashes here and there. It's very random for me, not like me at all!

It's nothing like I had anticipated but then nothing ever is! I then die cut some of the Stars and the swirls from the Stitched Snowflakes dies. Added a few thin strips of paper from the Brightly Gleaming papers and some strips of copper foil and that was it! A very quick but simple card again, for my watercolouring. The messages were from the stamp set called Perfectly Plaid. I'm so pleased they kept the papers, the stamp set and dies from last year. It makes it so much fun, I made 2 cards again! 😀😀😀







The little copper pieces at the inside corners of the card are from the die cut swirl. To me it looks like my initials! G M . I'm keeping that one! 😂😂😂



No comments:

Post a Comment