Friday 27 August 2021

Fun Fold Friday - Pampered Pets

 I can't believe that it's Friday again already! WOW!! where did that week go? Time really does fly when you're having fun doesn't it? Today's card although fun is a simple fun fold card. It's a twisted easel card. This style of card is so easy to make as you start with a standard card base, fold the front in half either straight across for a standard easel card of at an angle for the twisted easel card, like mine today. Using the Pampered Pets stamps again, I started by stamping the pets and coloured them in using my Stampin' Blends. I die cut them using the matching dies but then decided to go closer as I wanted the hairs on the pets to stand out more. The idea that I wanted was for the cats to sit on a brick wall and the dogs to be teased as they couldn't get near to them! I think it's fun. 

I used the Bricks and Mortar embossing folder to make the wall part way up the card and a cushion on the top to add a little luxury. The top was a piece of Real Red card was embossed using the Checks and Dots folder and a small strip was cut from it and added to the top of the wall. 

I think I've got the effect that I wanted, so I'm really happy. I hope that you like it too. The card is a 14.85cm by 14.85cm folded card. The front of the card was then scored from the top right corner to the bottom left corner, on the front only.



This is a picture of the front of the card from the inside. It shows the reverse of what I have just mentioned but as you look at the front of the card it will be perfect. So score along from corner to corner on the front or even on the inside in this direction in the picture above. It's exactly the same instructions if you use a C6 or C5 card base. However, if you want a card those sizes you have  to decide if you want landscape or Portrait design. If it's portrait exactly the same as I mentioned.  If you want landscape you will need to score the front of the card in half horizontally ACROSS, the front of the card. 

Whichever way you decide to make an easel card you will need a mat the same size as the front of the card base. I used Real Red to match my card base, you can obviously chose an alternative colour. After all in the words of our dear friend Diane, who lost her battle to cancer last year "it's your card". We always hear Diane talking and using her phrases to us in every class. 😢😘😇 So remember that when you are making a card, you are the one making it so you decide. 

Once you have decided on the front mat, place adhesive on the card base only using the triangle at the front edge. You can used any adhesive that you like whether it's tape or wet glue, they will all work. Add the mat matching the corners of the card as you would normally by laying it flat. Then the decorating is all that you need to do. Simples! 

For more information on the products that I have used this week, please click HERE. It will open up in a new window for you. 


Once again, I used the From All of Us stamps on this card. I love the Happy Birthday sentiments.

Thank you so much or joining me again this week, I hope that I've given you some ideas to make your own cards. Please stop by next week to see the amazing creations that Cary is going to make for you. 

I'm off to Cadbury World this week as a treat from my family, so until the next time, please keep safe, stay well but most of all KEEP ON CRAFTING. xxxxx

Thank you, Gill :)


No comments:

Post a Comment