Tuesday 31 August 2021

Tip,Tricks and Techniques Tuesday Penguin Place

 Do you have a particular Christmas style that you come back to year after year? Or do you bring something different every year? Well to start this Christmas crafting season I've taken inspiration from a little product from the August to December called Kraft paper . Paired with the the Penguin Place  I decided to create Christmas cards using an old trick using White ink and a Blender pen.

I used black ink to stamp onto a piece of the kraft paper cut to fit onto  a standard A6 card base. I used the sliding penguin, the tree and the swosh stamp to create a scene.

I then took my white ink and stamped the snowflake stamp, some stars atop the trees and some snowballs

Next I put some white ink onto an acrylic block and using my blender pen coloured in my penguin.  I also added some white under the swosh and around the snowballs and trees. A sentiment and card number 1 was completed and adhered to a white card base.

Penguin place Stampin up white ink and kraft card

For card number 2 I used the same tequnique and created a card with the seated penguin.  

This time I stamped and coloured my penguin. Then I  created a mask for the penguin by stampin the same stamp onto the sticky edge of a sticky note, and cuttingbit out. I then placed the mask ove the stamped image and took the snowflake stamp and white ink and stamped a flurry over the front of the card.

Once I was happy with my flurry I removed the mask from the penguin.  I then stamped the antlers onto him.

The same message as for card 1 but this time with a small white mat behind it and I was ready to adhere it to a white card base.

Penguin place Stampin Up kraft and white ink card

I love this tequnique of colouring with white ink on a coloured background. I think it makes for a very different Christmas card. What do you think? 

Penguin place Stampin up kraft and white ink coloring card


3 comments: