Tuesday 3 August 2021

Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tuesday Quiet Meadow

 Today I'm sharing a fun technique using alcohol markers which I've combined with the fantastic dies that coordinate with the beautiful Quiet Meadow called Meadow dies.

Meadow dies Stampin up

I call the technique alcohol marker smooshing The technique is a way to create a beautiful mess.... uhm background 😉.

You will need alcohol markers, white cardstock,  a paint brush and 90% ( or higher) isopropyl alcohol ( also known as rubbing alcohol)  and a cellophane bag .

Alcohol marker smoosh technique

You start by scribbling your markers onto the cello bag. My tips are to use only 2 or 3 colours and  to colour quite close together but not touching.

Alcohol marker smoosh technique

Next the fun begins! ( please make sure you're working in a well ventilated space) pour a little of the alcohol into a dish and moisten your paint brush. Then starting with the lightest colour dab into the center of the splodges and watch the magic happen! The short clip below was filmed as the Olympics were on so sorry for the excited background noise 😅 










So once you have added the alcohol place your white cardstock onto the cello bag and watch the card soak it up.

Alcohol marker smooshing technique quiet meadow Stampin Up


The nice thing about this is that you can add extra colour to your cello bag and more alcohol until you're happy with your background.  I'd  also consider making a few background pieces at that same time.

Alcohol marker smooshing technique Stampin Up

Now I had the backgrounds I was ready to use the gorgeous backgrounds to make some simple cards. 

The first card uses just some of the gorgeous die cuts from the Meadow dies.

Meadow dies Stampin Up alcohol marker smooshing technique

Next I used an other background and one of the stamps from the Quiet Meadow along with some gold embossing powder to create a differnt look.

Quiet Meadow Stampin Up alcohol marker smoosh technique

Here's a close up of the effect the heat embossed flowers create.

Quiet Meadow Stampin Up alcohol marker smooshing technique


For my final background I decided to die cut some of the floral stems and butterflies from the Meadow dies out of it . I then arranged them onto a piece of white cardstock and adhered them down.

Meadow dies Stampin up alcohol marker smooshing technique

Here's a close up of the delicate look the die cuts achieve.

Meadow dies Stampin up alcohol marker smooshing technique

I really enjoyed smooshing with my alcohol markers. And I'm  really chuffed with the way my cards came together.  I hope you like them too 😊

Quiet Meadow Stampin Up Meadow dies Stampin up alcohol marker smooshing technique


2 comments:

  1. for some reason(cyber magic I guess) it says the video is unavailable. I'd love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry Tonilea, It must be the gremlins again. It works fine this end. Sorry :(

    ReplyDelete