Thursday 19 August 2021

Throwback Thursday Delicate Dahlias

 Do you have a special pair of scissors for certain jobs? I have a special pair of scissors that are over 15 years old! They are just perfect 👌 they fit my fingers, have the perfect point, are the exact length of blade... and what do I do with them? One job and one job only decoupage! And when I saw the large dahlia in the Delicate Dahlias I knew I would be getting those special decoupage scissors out!

I stamped the image 3 times using both the outline and infil stamps. Once stamped I looked at them and worked out where I was going to cut the layers. I use a pencil and mark the areas that I'm going to cut away. This helps me to "see" how it will look when finished.

Once all the layers are cut and I'm  happy with them it's time to use 3d foam to layer them together.

For my card base I used white cardstock and then cut a piece of patterned paper to cover the front. 

I found in my box of scraps an interesting shaped piece of card and decided to add some texture to is using an embossing folder set called Checks and Dots. I chose the check one to compliment the dotty paper I'd used.

A few fussy cut leaves, some twine, a sentiment and a few sparkley rhinestones and I was happy.

Delicate Dahlias Stampin Up decoupage

I was really happy to get those special scissors out and revisit an old technique.  I think the image works beautiful and it was worth the effort.

Delicate Dahlias Stampin Up decoupage

For the inside I stamped the same image on the bottom right hand corner.  This give the finished card that little something extra in my opinion. 

Delicate Dahlias Stampin Up decoupage

So do you have a special pair of scissors ? And what do you use them for?

Delicate Dahlias Stampin Up decoupage


No comments:

Post a Comment