Friday 6 August 2021

Fun fold Friday Quiet Meadow

 Fun fold Friday is here again and today its a very simple fold! I have also gone back to my old faithful colour pallette bright and bold. I wanted to show that the Quite Meadow stamp set is a versatile one. I have thoroughly enjoyed creating with it this week. 

Quite Meadow Stampin Up

So lets talk about the fun fold first. Called the book binder fold it's  super simple and quick to make. Take a piece of cardstock measuring 29.7cm x 10.5cm and score at 12.35cm and 14.85cm. That's all the scoring you need do! 

Next take a piece of cardstock measuring 14cm x 9.5cm  score this piece at 2.5cm on the long side. This will make the "page" for the inside of your book. I've only done one but you could do 2 or even 3.

I then adhered the page inside my book along the 2.4.5cm panel ensuring that the folds were lined up to ensure that it opens well.

Mext the fun began as I created my own pretty paper to decorate with. I chose inks in bright pink called melon mambo,  a turquoise blue called costal cabana, a vibrant green called granny apple green and lastly a shade of yellow called daffodil delight. 

Quiet Meadow Stampin Up bright bold make your own pattern paper


I  also created some faux leather from the coordinating bright pink cardstock.  To do this I spritzed the cardstock back and front with water that I mixed a little glycerin with. I then screwed it up into a little ball! Once I was happy with the crinkles I smoothed it and left it to dry. I  you're short of time you could spritz with isopropyl alcohol as this evaporates quicker than water.

Faux leather from cardstock


So now to decorate my project. I cut a stip of the faux leather to fit the front 2.5cm panel. A piece of the stamped cardstock for the rest. Then 2 triangles from faux leather to mimic the corner savers of an old book.

I created a closure for my book using a strip of card that I attatched behind the decoration on the back cover of my book.  I also used very thin magnets to act as closures.

I then punched holes thought the spine of the book and used a little ribbon to tread through. 

Book bind fun fold card Quiet Meadow Stampin Up

I love this bright  vibrant project and the fun fold is so easy to make and allows you so much scope to decorate. 

Quite Meadow Stampin Up book binding fun fold card

This fold would be great for a card for a group to sign as there is a lot of surfaces...

Quite Meadow Stampin Up book binder fold card

Or maybe as a little photo card....

Quite Meadow Stampin Up book binder fun fold card

What ever the reason I think a card like this would be well recieved 😊

Well that's  it from me for this week. I do hope I've  inspired you in some way shape or form and that you'll  get crafting.
  
Next week Gill will be sharing her inspiration with us here so please join me in having a look.

Have a good weekend, stay safe and 
Have fun!
Cary xx

No comments:

Post a Comment