Thursday 5 August 2021

Throwback Thursday Meadow dies

 Do you use dies a lot when you're creating a card? Do you like to get 2 for the price of 1? Do you like a classic monochromatic colour pallette ? If you answered yes to the above then today's card is for you!! I've created a project that used the Meadow dies as the star of the show.

Meadow dies Stampin up

Paired with a technique that is simple but effective called  inlaying. This technique has been around forever but I felt it needed dusting off and being given a place to shine again. 

I chose to keep it high impact by choosing to use a black and white colour pallette. 

First I cut 2 mats the same size , one from black cardstock and the other from white. Then I laid out my dies in a pleasing arrangement onto the white cardstock and ran it through my Cut 'n' Emboss machine.

Stampin up cut and emboss machine

Once I'd  carefully removed the dies from the white cardstock mat I made sure to keep the mat and the die cuts safely together. Then I repeated the process with the dies in the same place on the black cardstock. 

Once I had both sets of die cuts and the mats I cut a second mat the same size in each colour.  I then adheared the same colour mats to each other.

Now carefully place the black die cuts into the white mats and adhere them securely.  Then repeat placing the white die cuts into the black mats. 

This next step is optional but I really like the effect. I took each completed inlayed mat and dry embossed it using an embossing folder. The one I chose to use is the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder

Tasteful Textile 3d embossing folder stampin up

I think this is one of the most useful and versatile embossing folders I own. And it's  most certainly one ofbthe most used in my stash!! It give a great subtle effect to a project that I think can take a project to the mext level.

Once I had finished embossing I wrapped a strand of bakers twine around the mat. The  added a simple sentiment onto a die cut tag before adhering it onto a card base. 

And voilà 2 cards for the price of one!

Meadow dies Stampin up inlay technique

I love the simplicity of these cards and how easily they went together.  The only problem is I don’t know which one I like the most!!! Black on white?

Meadow dies Stampin up inlay technique monochromatic cards

Or white on black ?

Meadow dies Stampin up inlay technique monochromatic card

What's you favourite? 

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm! Both and I'm going to make them now.. Thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had fun creating your cards using this fun technique 😊

      Delete