Tuesday 17 August 2021

Tips Tricks and Techniques Tuesday Delicate Dahlias

 For today I'm sharing not 1, not 2... but 3 cards!!! Each card is using the same stamps the gorgeous Delicate Dahlias.  

It all started with a colour combination that caught my eye whilst roaming the web. The colour combination was a bright pink called magenta madness teamed with the same gorgeous turquoise as yesterday's inspiration called costal cabana.  To go with this I used a beautiful yellow called so saffron.

 The combination is bright and bold just what I wanted for the gorgeous large dahlia detailed image. So inspired by the colours I kept the card clean and simple.

Delicate Dahlias Stampin Up bright bold colourful card

As I was creating this card another idea was forming in my minds eye. So this card has the same colour combination and the same flower stamp but uses a technique called Joseph's Coat.

First I used blending brushes to add colour to a white cardstock mat in roughly the same place as the previous card. Then I stamped in versamark and heat embossed using clear embossing powder. All  the while trying to follow the layout from the first card.

Next the mess..... uhmmmm fun begins.  The technique requires you to cover the entire piece with a dark ink! The magic is that the embossed areas will resist the ink and alow the colours below to shine through.

I chose to use a dark grey instead of the more common black ink just becuse I could! 😅 A gentle huff over the embossed areas and a soft cloth to gently buff any remaining ink from the embossed flowers then mount onto a card,  add a sentiment and voila card number 2.

Delicate Dahlias Stampin Up josephs coat technique

My third and final card uses the same tequnique but with a twist. 

As I was buffing the previous card I wondered what would it look like if I stamped in clear onto white card and covered it in black ink 🤔 

Well that is exactly what I did ! My card is using the same stamps, the Joseph's Coat technique but no colour! 

Delicate Dahlias Stampin Up black and white Joseph's Coat technique


I hope you like my little creative journey that I've  shared with you today. Do you find that one card leads to another and another and another....? Maybe that's the best tip of all be your own inspiration and follow your creativity where ever it goes 😃

Delicate Dahlias Stampin Up simple clean colourful Joseph's Coat technique


No comments:

Post a Comment