Wednesday 4 August 2021

Watercolour Wednesday Quite Meadow

 Do you have a style you aspire too but find yourself not quite hitting it? Well that's me and the vintage/distressed look. But as the beautiful Quite Meadow stamps lend themselves to the vintage style I thougjt why not give it a go! And I sure am glad I did!!!

First I took a piece of white cardstock and using white embossing powder and versamark ink stamped the large floral spray image 3 times in one corner. I then heat set it. 

This created a resist image for my watercolour wash. Using the broad water painter and ink I washed all over the cardstock starting from the same corner as my images . This ment it created a natural ombre effect. I  let it dry and rhen went back and using a finer water painter added darker ink to the flowers themselves.

Next I used the water painter to add splashes of ink. I then waited for that to dry and used the splatter stamp from the set in the same colour ink to add a little more depth to the bottom of the piece.

Watercolour wash quite Meadow Stampin Up vintage card


The colour ink I used was a lovely soft peachy orange called Pale Papaya. Whilst I was waiting for the inks to dry I set about creating my card base and an additional layer.

The card base is in a lovely neutral soft kraft colour called Crumb Cake.  And once I'd made the base I used the splatter stamp and the same ink colour atound the edges. This tone on tone effect screams vintage to me.

The next layer of cardstock is in a very pale punk called Petal Pink.  Again I stamped tone on tone but this time using the vintage text stamp. I also distressed the edges of the card using the blade of my scissors.  ( Gill hates this effect as it's  frayed and not neat!!! 😅)

Watercolour wash vintage quite Meadow Stampin up


Once the main panels was dry I placed the layers together and sorted out the sentiment. I stamped the sentiment in crumb cake ink onto white cardstock then used a blending brush to add a light application of ink around ths edges to take the whiteness off. A scrap of the petal pink cardstock and a little more distressing to the edges and I was happy to use it as a mat for my sentiment.

I placed  the sentiment onto the panels and the wrapped some vanilla coloured bakers twine around and tied in a simple bow to finish my card.

Quite Meadow Stampin Up vintage style card


And the final card was I happy with it?

Quite Meadow watercolour vintage style card stampin up

Yes I was pleased with the results. I know vintage isn't my go to style of card making, and I know I'm  no expert but I like what I created. 

Quite Meadow Stampin Up vintage style watercolour wash card

So what's the style you aspire too but find difficult to achieve? 

No comments:

Post a Comment