Wednesday 18 August 2021

Watercolour Wednesday Delicate Dahlias

 Sadly here in my part of the world the summer has come to a grinding halt and autumn is here already! I've  got my fingers crossed for a dry crisp autumn not a dismal wet one! My card today is full of rich autumnal colours with hints of gold just the colours that make autumn so beautiful.  And Dahlias remind me of autumn too for some reason! 

For my watercolour Wednesday card I thought I'd use a simple technique.  I chose the infil large stamp for this first stage of my design.

 firstly you ink up your stamp in a light coloured ink. Then take a sponge dauber and dab a darker colour around the edge or in the centre of you flower stamp. 

Next add water. You add water to the inked up stamp by misting it with a spritzer filled with water. Not too much misting as I didn't use watercolour paper so didn't want to make my white cardstock sodden. 

I then stamped quickly straight down and up. After each stamping clean the stamp and repeat until your cardstock is filled. Now pop it aside to dry.

Delicate Dahlias Stampin Up watercolour autumn colours

Now don't panic if it doesn't look fabulous...yet! A little magic and it'll come together promise 😉

Once the piece is completely dry dab all over with an anti static bag . Then stamp the outline stamp using versamark ink. The stamps are photopolymer so linning them up is easy but don't panic too much.  A little this was or that isn't  a problem.  Heat emboss usingbgold embossing powder. The fine lines of gold really add that certainly little something that the photos dont really do justice to.

Delicate Dahlias Stampin Up watercolour 2 step stampin autumn colours

A gold heat embossed sentiment on a diecut shape in the same coral colour cardstock as the card base and mat . With a leaf also heat embossed in gold on coral card was fussy cut out and place beneath.  Then a little white bakers twine wrapped around and swirly bit added I was finished 

Delicate Dahlias Stampin Up watercolour autumn gold embossing

One tip I will share is when you start making the  background cut a piece of cardstock bigger than you think you need. Then when complete you can trim to size. Now don't discard the trimmings use them to decorate the inside of your card! 

Delicate Dahlias Stampin Up watercolour autumn colours

So that's all for today. I hope the weather is good where you are and if it's not maybe that's a good excuse to get some crafting time 😉

Delicate Dahlias Stampin Up watercolour autumn colours


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! Thank you for all the details on how you created it.

    ReplyDelete