Friday 24 December 2021

Fun fold Friday Honeybee Home

 Happy Christmas eve 🎅🎅🎅 Tomorrow is the the big day and I'm  so fortunate to be able to spend it with my family. As I have an almost 4 year old grandson it's especially fun,  if not hectic to say the least!! But hey this Nanny loves it all 😁. In the new Honeybee Home stamp set there is the perfect sentiment for how I feel about them all... "So glad we're family" . So I had to use it today.

As it's  the final day of my week of inspiration for the blog it must be fun fold Friday.  My fold for today is one that the the lovely Monica Gale shared a few years ago called a box card. It looks great but is surprisingly easy to create and it folds flat and fits in a standard c6 envelope!!!

I started with a piece of cardstock measuring 10.5cm x 29.7cm.  I then scored it at 4cm, 14cm,  18cm and 18cm. I then scored it at 5.5cm along the short side. In the picture below I have marked the score lines...

Honeybee Home stampin up box fold card

In the next picture I show where to cut. The large pink area is to be removed.

Honeybee Home stampin up box fold card

Apply adhesive to the tab on the right and close to creat the box. Then all you need are 2 pieces of cardstock measuring 2cm x 12cm scored at 1cm and 11cm. These 2 pieces are then added into the inside of the box to create the layers onto which your decoration will go. 

To decorate my box I stamped and die cut the flowers from the Honeybee Home stamps.  I  also die cut the leaf die from the Honeybee Bloom dies which are the ones that coordinate with the stamps.

I used pattern paper to cover the outside of my box. The paper is called Heart and Home. I used the grey and white wood effect side . I  think this gives my card a wooden planter feel . 

Honeybee Home stampin up box fold card

I love the way the internal strips allow you to place the flowers in layers it has real depth 

Honeybee Home stampin up box fold card

The other great thing is that it folds flat for posting...

Honeybee Home stampin up box fold card

I  cut a mat of white cardstock measuring 10cm x 9.5cm and adhered it on the back so that there is some where to write your message.


 Well that's  it from me for this week .  Please join me next week as Gill will be sharing inspiration for the last week of 2021.

We wish you all a very Merry Christmas and may the peace and joy of the season be with you all.

Cary xxx



2 comments:

  1. So thoughtful of you to post a visual. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 😊 and a merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and your family x

      Delete