Tuesday 21 December 2021

Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tuesday Honeybee Home

 One of the great things about Stampin' Up! Is that they don't just produce great stamps they create coordinating suites of products. My stamp set of the week Honeybee Home is a part of a large suite that has not 1 but 2 stamp sets and coordinating dies, pattern paper, embellishments and an embossing folder!! Wow its a super cool super suite called Heart and Home and is on page 58 of the upcoming January to June mini catalogue!!

For today's inspiration I've chosen to use the pattern paper along with the Honeybee Home stamps. The papers are all double sided. On one side they are 6 different paterns in a variety colours. On the reverse are 6 different wood effects all in shades of grey and white.

It is the wood effect paper that inspired today's cards. I like to stamp onto pattern paper and the grey and white wood effects are perfect for this. 

So to start with I cut a piece of the paper 10.5cm x 14.85cm. I  then cut a 2.5cm x 14.85cm strip from it. I did this as I wanted to reverse the patern for the card front. 

On to the larger piece of pattern paper I stamped  in basic grey ink.  I used one of the floral images and the bee's. 

I adhered the stamped panel onto the right-hand side of my card base. I then adhered the narrow patterned side to the left-hand side. I used a blue coloured cardstock for my card base called misty moonlight as it coordinates with the pattern side of the paper 

I stamped and die cut out a sentiment from white cardstock as well as one of the little bees. The sentiment was adhered using 3d foam to give a little hight to the card.

Honeybee Home stampin up heart and home pattern paper dsp

Now as I was creating the first card I wondered what the floral images would look like if I coloured then in. Sooo I cut another piece of the same paper and gave it a go!!
I liked it and decided to use it in the same way as my first card.

Honeybee Home stampin up stamping and colouring onto pattern paper

Now I had a few scraps of pattern paper left over and I couldn't put them in the bin so I made a third card ๐Ÿคช
This one is very simple but shows the beautiful misty moonlight cardstock off as well as the great stamps and pattern paper.

Honeybee Home stampin up simple easy pattern paper dsp cards


 Do you save your scraps of pattern paper? I do I usually pop them back in the packet for another project. I can't bear to be parted with such pretty paper ๐Ÿ˜‰

Honeybee Home stampin up simple dsp cards


2 comments: