Friday 10 December 2021

Fun fold Friday In the Moment

 This week has not only been about the gorgeous In the Moment stamp set it has also I've  noticed been all about the backgrounds!! So as not to spoil the run this last project foe the week had to have have both of course 😉

Friday's  of course mean a fun fold so after lots of thought I went with one called a center stepper card. There are many tutorials and templates for these style cards on the internet. For those who want my version below is a hand drawn template. 

In the moment stampin up center stepper silhouette card

I started with a piece of cardstock measuring 10.5cm x 29.7cm. I then drew lightly in pencil at 2.5cm, 5cm,  14.85cm and 16.35cm along the long side. I then drew at 2.5cm and 8cm upto the 16.35cm line. 

Next I scored all the dotted lines in the photo. I  then cut the solid lines in the photo. To fold the card start at the 2.5cm score lines. They are a mountain fold. The 5cm lines are valley folds and the final 2 score lines are both mountain  folds.

To decorate  my card I cut a piece of white cardstock measuring 10.5cm x 16.35cm. I then used my inks and blending brushes to create a sunset blended background. 

I then cut the panel to fit the card base. Next I stamped the image from the In the Moment stamp set in black ink onto white cardstock.  I then used my black alcohol marker to colour it all in. Next somee fussy cutting to create the silhouette.  I then went  over the image with my black marker again.  I also coloured all the cut edges. 

In the moment stampin up center stepper silhouette card

I stamped the sentiment from the In the Moment set in versamark and heat embossed it in white on black cardstock.  Remembering to use my antistatic bag to ensure that the powder only stayed on the ink!. 

To attatch both the silhouette image and the sentiment I used the fantastic  black 3d foam from Stampin' Up! . This ensures that when turned to the side there is no white area staring out  from the dark background. 

In the moment stampin up center stepper silhouette card

The only white you can see is the panel I placed inside the card to write a message on!

In the moment stampin up center stepper silhouette card


Well that's it from me this week. I do hope I've inspired you to get creative and have fun playing with stamps, ink and paper.

Next week Gill will be sharing her inspiration with us here on our blog as well as over on our Facebook page here

If you're interested in any of the products I've used this week they can be found in our on line shop here

If you'd like to join our wonderful community of Stampin' Up! demo's called Larger Than Life Stampers you can do so here.

Have a crafty weekend and remember..

Have fun!!

Cary xx

No comments:

Post a Comment