Wednesday 22 December 2021

Watercolour Wednesday Honeybee Home

 Wednesday's are Watercolour Wednesday's here at 2 Big Girls Crafting and this Wednesday's is no different. As you will know if you follow us I love to make backgrounds !! Watercolour is a great way to make backgrounds but my purpose for creating a background for todays project was to die cut it up!!! The Honeybee Home stamps come qith coordinating dies called Honeybee Bloom dies.

It was the dies that I wanted to use in particular the 2 sprig ones. My mind went to creating a watercolour colour smosh background then to die cut from that to give the sprigs colour.

So to start I go out my inks, water spritzer, silicon mat and watercolour paper. I  spritzed the watercolour paper. Next I dabbed my ink onto the silicon mat. 

Watercolour smosh

Next I spritzed the ink on the silicon mat with plenty of water .


Now the fun begins.  Dab the wet side of your watercolour paper onto the ink smooshing it as you go.

Watercolour smooshing technique

This is the first layer of colour. Make sure you dry the layer before going in again...

Watercolour smooshing

And again...


I loved the way this colour combo of pale orange called pale papaya and pretty pink called polished pink turned out . 

I then die cut out my sprigs.  I used the coordinating Hive embossing folder for the card. I highlighted one spot by gently brushing a soft yellow called so saffron ink.

I kept the colour simple and used a white card base and a soft kraft ink called crumb cake for the sentiment.

Honeybee Bloom dies Stampin up hive embossing folder


I loved the effect the watercolour piece gave the die cuts. I  also didn't want to not use the rest of the piece sooo....


Honeybee Bloom dies Stampin Up watercolour background card

I love that when you tear a piece of the hive embossed card it follows the edges of the little hexagon shapes....

Honeybee Bloom dies Stampin up hive embossing background

These clean and delicately sweet coloured cards are so pretty 😍 

I thoroughly enjoyed creating today's projects and hope you like them as much as I do 😊

Honeybee Bloom dies Stampin up hive embossing folder watercolour smoshing background


No comments:

Post a Comment