Monday 20 December 2021

Make it simple Monday Honeybee Home

 Well Christmas is certainly getting here fast!!! 5 day's to go how did that happen!!!! Well all that being said I have a great set that I'll  be sharing projects I've made with you for the next 5 days. Called Honeybee Home it's from the upcoming January to June mini catalogue from Stampin' Up! . 

I think this set is rather lovely. It has florals and honey bee's as well as great sentiments. The bee's make it a little different and I like different ๐Ÿ˜Š

For today's #makeitsimplemonday inspiration I have used stamps, ink and paper. I have also used the acrylic block that my stamps cling to. You will also need a way to mist water. I used a spritzer but any spray bottle that gives a fine mist will work.

The first thing you need to do is ink up your acrylic block... yes put your block onto the ink pad!! Now with your card ready to one side gently mist the ink on the block with water from your spritzer. Next place the block ink side down onto the card. 

The water and ink are absorbed by the card. You can see it happening through the clear acrylic . If you have chosen a darker colour ink you may want to stamp off onto scrap paper before spritzing with water . This is just personal preference. I would highly recommend playing with this technique on scrap card first so that you see how it works. 

Once the panel is dry, and it dries really quickly, it's time to decorate. As this is a #simplestamping project I decided to stamp on to the panel with the stamps from the Honeybee Home set in black ink.

The first card I made uses a yellow ink called appropriately enough bumblebee!! I stamped 3 of the Honeybee images ontop of the coloured panel and a seeet sentiment below.

Honeybee Home stampin up simple easy quick stamped card

The second card uses a pretty pink called polished pink paired with one of the floral images from the stamp set.

Honeybee Home stampin up simple easy stamping card

For the third and final card I went with a light purple called fresh freesia ink and the second floral image.

Honeybee Home stampin up simple stamping easy card making

I had great fun creating these cards. It is an easy and quick way to create cards that are both elegant and artistic. 

If you'd like to see how I created these fun cards why not pop over to our Facebook page 2 Big Girls Crafting at 4pm , GMT,  this afternoon for a Facebook live where Cary will be demoing the technique ๐Ÿ˜€ or you can watch the video 



Honeybee Home stampin up simple stamping easy card making


No comments:

Post a Comment