Thursday 16 December 2021

Throwback Thursday - Bright Bauble - Special Cards

Hello again on this chilly Thursday. Today the card is fairly straightforward but there's lots of card and paper involved. Using the Detailed Bauble dies, I die cut several of the baubles out in Red Foiled card. I also die cut some large panels in Basic White card from Scalloped Contour Dies and stamped them with the sentiments and stars from the Bright Bauble stamp set. 

I have used the lovely, proper red for Christmas called Real Red. One of my fave colours. I started with an A4 piece of card then scored and folded it in half. I added a further piece of card this time 21cm by 15.85cm. This was scored at 1cm down the 21cm edge, so the panel was now 14.85cm by 21cm. Adding tape to the 1cm folded strip and fixing it to the end of the card, this then gave me another panel the same size as the front and now the centre panel.

 
  I fussy cut around the sentiment on the front of the card and added it to some of the Real Red card and fussy cut again. I adhered the ribbon behind this sentiment to stabilise the bauble.
                                                                                                                                                                                            
 
Once the back panel was added, I scored down the now centre panel at 7.4cm, once it was folded to point into the card, it gave me the v shape in the centre. 

 
Using several panels of Peaceful Place paper (DSP) I added them to the red card after I had added the Real Red Sheer Ribbon to the baubles and the back of the DSP panels.
You may be able to see that the baubles inside are only fixed by the top of the ribbon and left to dangle into the card.

 
I found that I had an abundance of die cut snowflakes so decided to splatter them liberally over the card.
 

If you look at the card from above now, you will see that it gives the shape of the letter M

2 comments:

  1. Wow this really is a special card, absolutely beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Summer Sunflower, I'm so pleased you like it. xx

    ReplyDelete