Wednesday 29 December 2021

Wednesday - Not Watercolour - Elegantly Said

 Hello and welcome back. I do hope that those of you who celebrate Christmas had a very peaceful time. Apologies for not posting before today, life has got in the way I'm afraid as it often does at this time of year. This week I have been playing with a stamp set that I fell in love with as soon as I saw it, Elegantly Said. I love the corner decoration and the font and..... well all of it really! As I now have to write several thank you and Birthday cards, I thought I had better get started now while I can. I started with a Birthday duo as I have 2 cards to send out for the beginning of January. 

I have made only monochrome cards today. Very simple black and white cards. The first one I raised the whole of the front using foam shapes (dimensionals) and added the gorgeous Silver Metallic Mesh Ribbon. The second is where I cut out the centre and raised it onto a piece of the darker of the silver foils collection and the second I used the darker silver for. I have used the matching Elegant Tag punch. I love the fancy top of this punch which you can see on the message mats on the front. As I wanted the stamped images to be very crisp and sharp, I used the Stamparatus (Stampin' tool) so that I can re-ink the stamp and not have the images move. What an amazing tool that is!!




 
 Here is the second Birthday card.






   

No comments:

Post a Comment