Wednesday 1 December 2021

Watercolour Wednesday - Whimsical Trees

 This week we are supposed to be experiencing snow here in the South of England. Watch this space for whether it will come or not! Today's card using the Whimsical Trees stamps I did my favourite thing. I spritzed a basic white card mat with water and scribbled onto a cello bag using several colours of my Stampin' Write Marker Pens and then spritzed the ink thoroughly. I took the wet, white mat and laid it onto the wet ink. I lifted it, dried it using a heat gun and laid it onto the the ink once more ans let it soak some more of the ink again and then dried it for the final time. I stamped the baubles several times on a piece of white and coloured them in. I stamped a block onto the ink pad to pick the ink up and used my water brush to colour them in. 

I then fussy cut them out! I can some of you saying Oh No! Not again!! As I have said many times before, I do like to fussy cut images out. I find it very relaxing and therapeutic. I know, I'm odd! Once they were all cut out, I first curled the bauble with a ball tool and placed a foam shape on the back then arranged them in position on the water coloured mat. I added the mat to a piece of Evening Evergreen. I embossed the card front with the snowflakes from the Wintry embossing folder and added the bauble coloured mat to it. A message or 2 and some rhinestones complete this card.






No comments:

Post a Comment