Tuesday 30 November 2021

Technique Tuesday - Whimsical Trees

My card today is another straightforward one. Using the stamps from Whimsical Trees I started by stamping a number of the medium sized trees in the gorgeous dark green of Evening Evergreen. I did stamp too many as I only used the 3 in the end! I stamped them onto a scrap of Basic White card and then fussy cut them out. Then, I cut and scored a C6 card base and then cut off 4cm from the front. Using a C6 white mat, I started to score it diagonally from corner to corner every 0.5cm then moved it to the next 0.5cm mark until the end. I started in the middle so once 1 half was completed, I turned it around and continued the same on the other half of the card. Then I turned it around 180 degrees and starting in the centre I began scoring in the opposite direction. I completed it in both sides of the card and ended up with the small diamond shape pattern. Once this was complete, I cut the mats to size and added some of the Pale Papaya Open Weave Ribbon to both pieces of the white mats before adhering them to the card base.

After cutting the trees out, I fixed them with foam shapes (Dimensionals) to make them stand out more. A stamped image for the inside and a few messages and this card is complete.




I went crazy with the Rhinestones once again to complete this card.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment