Monday 29 November 2021

Make It Monday / #simplestamping - Whimsical Trees

Hello on this bright and sunny day. It's gorgeous here...if you are indoors! It's VERY cold outside. A typical winters day. It's a good job then that I'm here crafting. This week I am going to show you some of the cards that I've made using this gorgeous stamp set, Whimsical Trees. It actually comes in a whole suite of products called Whimsy and Wonder. It includes not only the stamp set but dies, ribbon, die cut snowflakes and DSP (Designer Series Paper or as many believe too, Double Sided Paper) Each sheet IS double sided but one side on all of the 12 sheets has a silver foiled effect on. Those of you who have been able to get it are extremely fortunate as it has currently been put on stop for ordering due to high demand. 😞

WHIMSY & WONDER 12" X 12" (30.5 X 30.5 CM) SPECIALTY DESIGNER SERIES PAPER 

As it is make It Simple Monday or #simplestamping I have made this very simple card. Using the lovely shade of lilac in Fresh Freesia, I took a piece of sponge and smooshed some ink in the same colour over the front of the card mat then using the amazing really dark green of Evening Evergreen stamped the tree and a message to the front. I also added a little simple feature of a line all around the white mat to 'frame' the image. I used my trimmer for this and just scored the lines. I repeated the sponging and added another message to the inside. I decided then to step up the card and made another similar.




Again, I used the trimmer for the score lines around the front mat, the sponge for the background colour and this time I stamped one of the smaller trees over the sponging using the same colours. I then took another piece of white and stamped the big tree onto it. This time I added the spotty stamp over the top to look like the lights and added it to the mat. A strip of the matching Evening Evergreen ribbon, a few Rhinestones and a message to complete the second card for today. 




This only shows that with a little extra, you can dress a card up very easily.



No comments:

Post a Comment