Tuesday 9 November 2021

Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tuesday

 Do you have a pile of pattern paper but just not the one that you need for your project? Well I have a tip that might just help you out! For today's inspiration using the Peaceful Deer bundle. The bundle consists of the stamp set and coordinating punch and is fabulous value for money.

Peaceful deer Stampin up pattern paper tricks red black white check Christmas card


I knew I wanted to used a black, white and red colour palette. I also knew I wanted to use some check/plaid pattern paper. The only trouble was that I didn't have any pattern paper in my stash that fit my requirements.  So after some digging around I found some nice black and white check paper and set to work making it fit my idea.

For the first card I simple found a red marker pen and with the aid of a ruler I drew in some extra horizontal and vertical lines. This created just the splash of red I wanted. 

Next I set about creating an embellishment for my project. I punched out a deer from some white cardstock.  I then took my versamark ink and covered it completely.  Then I covered it in white embossing powder and heated it  whilst it was still hot ai dipped it in the power again and once more heated it. I repeated this again once more. This technique creates an enamel effect that I think looks fab.

A mat of red cardstock and a simple sentiment heat embossed in white onto red cardstock finished the project. 


Peaceful deer Stampin up Christmas card


I  had another piece of the black and white check so decided to use another tequnique to make it fit the idea I had in mind.

This time I used the snowflake mask from the Adorning designs decorative masks.  This pack of 4 15cm x 15cm masks is so versatile!

Adorning designs decorative masks stampin up

I used a lovely bright shade of red ink called real red abd a blending brush and gentle applied ink through the mask onto the check paper. I then created a black version of my enamel effect deer embellishment.  And completed my second card with the same layout. 

Peaceful deer Stampin up Christmas card

 Now I know red snowflakes aren't everyone's cup of tea but I really like the bold effect it gives my project.

I also had fun creating my own embellishments using the trip embossing technique. 

So my big tip for today when you don't have the perfect paper to hand .. alter what you have to fit!

Peaceful deer Stampin up Christmas card


No comments:

Post a Comment