Monday 22 November 2021

Make it simple Monday Happy Holly-days

 Welcome to #makeitsimplemonday here at 2 Big Girls Crafting on this bright and oh so chilly Monday morning. I  love these bright, clear days in winter even if it is cold they just remind me that the sun hasn't gone away forever! Another reminder of hope for many is the robin. An old saying say's that when a robin is here a loved one is near. I thought of that saying as soon as I saw the beautiful line drawing stamp in the Happy Holly- days stamp set.  Robin's are such happy little birds with their bright red breast they can often been found in the gardens of many British homes.

Happy holly days Stampin up simple stamping easy card making

The robin image is just right for Christmas as well as all year round. Robins have featured on Christmas cards going back since the Victorian's began sending them. 

So for today's #simplestamping cards I have used 2 different card bases. The first is a basic white card. I stamped using memento then used watercolour pencils to colour the robin in. I used a light blue pencil to gently outline the bird and create a shadow/ puddle for him to stand in.

Holly Holly days Stampin up simple stamping easy Christmas card

A simple sentiment and the card was finished. I then decided to replicate the card but on a kraft coloured card base. I like this colour to stamp and colour on because it gives a lovely soft effect. I used the same watercolour pencils to colour the robin in. 

Happy holly days simple stamping easy Christmas card

Instead of using a light blue pencil to outline the bird I used my trusty Chalk marker pen. I love the effect of the soft white on the crumb cake.

How different do they look just by using different card bases? I love experimenting with stamping and colouring in on different coloured cardstock.  Have you ever tried different colours?

Happy holly days Stampin Up simple stamping easy Christmas card


No comments:

Post a Comment