Tuesday 23 November 2021

Tips tricks and techniques Tuesday Happy holly- Days

 Today I'm sharing a card made using several techniques. These techniques are not new but they are good ones and sometimes thats what can make  cardmaking fun.  As soon as I saw the holly sprig in the Happy Holly-Days stamp set I had a colour palette in my minds eye. The colours are a subtle version of the traditional red and green.

First I created a background mat by stamping the holly sprig all over in black memento ink on basic white cardstock.  I then used alcohol markers in  a soft pink called flirty flamingo and a gentle shade of green called mint macaroon to colour them all in. This stamp is ideal for this type of stamping as it doesn't matter which way up they go so random stamping is easier πŸ˜‰

Next I used a set of nested rectangular dies from a set called Scalloped Contours .This set of dies has several rantangles with  scalloped edges that nest together beautifully. 

Scalloped Contours dies Stampin Up

I used the second and third sized dies and placed them onto my stamped mat and cut them out together in 1 pass!. I then cut mats to fit behind each rectangle in the same mint macaroon coloured cardstock.  I then popped each layer up onto 3d foam. 

I covered the card base with the first layer then added the next slightly offset.  Then I added the next layer.  For the final plain layer  I used the fifth die as a cutting guide to cut a mint macaroon cardstock layer. This technique is called Triple stamping. My twist on it is to set the layers slightly offset or wonky πŸ˜‰

I  then took a strip of vellum and heat embossed the sentiment in the middle with white embossing powder. My tip for how to secure vellum is to wrap it around your project and secure it there hidden from view πŸ˜‰ 

Happy holly days Stampin up layered Christmas card

I was really happy with the way this project turned out. The colour palette is just as I imagined it slightly mid century modern πŸ€” well that's what I think πŸ˜…

The depth achieved by using 3d foam between the layers gives it just enough interest. Whilst the vellum allows the sentiment to not get lost amidst all the pattern!

Happy holly days Stampin up layered Christmas card

All in all a pretty contemporary take on a traditional card .

Happy holly days Stampin up layered Contemporary Christmas card


No comments:

Post a Comment