Wednesday 10 November 2021

Watercolour Wednesday Peaceful Deer

 Now I know that I like to push the colour box especially at Christmas and today's card most assuredly pushes the box!!! It all started with a scrap of pale pink cardstock and a deer from the Peaceful Deer stamp set and it turned into something very different from my usual style! 

The project started and grew in unexpected ways. Does this kind of whimsical process happen to you too?

Any way the card uses a pale peachy pink colour called petal pink  and a beautiful rose gold glimmer paper.  I used tone on tone for stamping and distressing. I also used some clear wink of stella to add even more subtle shimmer to the piece. 

Peaceful deer Stampin up vintage distressed Christmas card

Distressed/  vintage ? I'm not sure if it works 🤔 but I had a great time creating it!

I created a watercolour wash on a piece of the petal pink cardstock using petal pink and a soft kraft colour inks. I then used some wink of stella mixed with water to create subtle shimmer. Once dried I used an embossing folder to add more texture to thw panel. Next I used a blending brush to add petal pink ink around the edges to give it more depth. Then I took some scissors and ran the blade around the edges to distress it even more! 

Peaceful deer Stampin up vintage distressed Christmas card

I then die cut a decorative circle from the rose fold glimmer paper. On to it I placed a stamped deer in pink onto pink, wound some vanilla coloured  twine behind the circle. Then coloured some lace trim and placed that behind the embellishment.  

I created a mat of rose gold glimmer paper to go behind the mat and a petal pink card base. A sentiment was stamped in kraft onto a petal pink lable die cut.

Peaceful deer Stampin up vintage distressed Christmas card

I also decided to decorate the inside of my project. I took a piece of vanilla coloured cardstock blended some petal pink to the bottom edge and the stamped a prancing deer onto kraft cardstock in kraft coloured ink. A small strip of rose gold glimmer to highlight the corner and I was done....

Peaceful deer Stampin up vintage distressed Christmas card

...Until I took my wink of stella and added a little shimmer to my deer that is!! I highlighted the deer rather than coloured it in and in real life it looks fab but sadly photos don't  do it justice 😏

Peaceful deer Stampin up vintage distressed Christmas card

So what do you think? A success?  Or a maybe not this time ?


No comments:

Post a Comment