Thursday 4 November 2021

Throwback Thursday -Christmas

Today's throwback idea is one from about 3 years ago when I made the following card. Today's card although similar, has no flowers on. I have used the Snowman Season stamp set. My original card was made using the gorgeous Daisy flowers which for the life of me I cannot remember the name! Which is crazy really as I used it rather a lot! Anyway, my original card is here ...

For more information on the stamp set and products that I have used, please click HERE and follow the link to our shop where you can browse uninterrupted. You will be able to find the punch there too.

 
Instead of the flower this time I have stamped the snowman and punched it out using the Snowman Builder Punch. The punch is great as it not only has the snowman  but it has the nose, the arms and his Bowler hat of course. These can all be just cut out of white and then coloured in but I cheated and punched them all out of the relevant colours!

Once the snowman was built, I cut the card base. I used a piece of the traditional green of Old Olive, This was cut at 10.5cm down the whole long length of the card which in the UK is 29.7cm. I then scored this at 14.85cm. After scoring the last mark, I turned the card around and pencilled 5.25cm on both narrow sides of the card front then cut top half of the front off. I added a piece of white card and a small strip of designer series paper from the Saleabration papers called Peaceful Prints. I laid the 2 pieces of card and paper on top of the green card base and paper clipped them in position. The sides of the papers were showing a little edge of each layer at the sides only. At the centre they were all edge to edge in the centre. I laid the snowman over the 3 layers and pencilled around the snowman to where I wanted it to be then cut through all three layers with scissors. Once cut the top 2 layers had a little more trimmed off each to show more of a border. That was my choice but not essential. The mats were then all added into position on the front.   

I fixed the snowman using Dimensionals and then added a few more stamped and fussy cut pictures too. Again, my choice but not essential.



That was the simple card for today. It may have been fiddly because I chose to make it that way but thoroughly enjoyed myself too. I added a few sentiments inside and out to complete this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment