Thursday 11 November 2021

Throwback Thursday Peaceful Deer

 After yesterday's vintage / distressed Christmas card Post I had to get back to the clean and simple style. So for today's post I'm sharing a card that is very clean looking but does have some tips and techniques that make it special. It all starts with the super cute image of the fawn from the Peaceful Deer stamp set.

Peaceful deer Stampin up clean and simple Christmas card

This little cutie deserves to be the star of the show so with the help of a set of dies called Stitched Stars  I set out to create my project.

Switched Stars dies Stampin up clean and simple Christmas card

I started by die cutting a star frame in white cardstock using the 2 largest star dies. 

I then took the negative left over from die cutting and placed it onto a piece of white cardstock.  Next I stamped the cute fawn into the space and onto a sticky note.  I fussy cut the fawn out on the sticky note and placed it over the stamped image.

With the fawn covered and the star shape over it I took 2 coloured inks, a pale turquoise called pool party and a subtle lilac called fresh freesia,  and blending brushes. I blended the 2 colours over the opening and the masked fawn. I  then took a wink of stella and added a few delicate splashes of glimmer. 

Once the star negative and fawn mask was removed I used the star  again and created a bunny mask to do a little detail for a mat for the inside of my card.

Stitched stars Peaceful Deer Stampin up simple clean Christmas card

I then adhered the star frame into place. Then stamped a simple sentiment and I was done all I needed was to place it on card base.

Peaceful deer Stampin up simple clean Christmas card

I love this card it has a calm and elegant feel that is modern and just right for my taste.

Peaceful deer Stampin up simple clean Christmas card

And the simple repeating patern on the inside completed the project.

I hope you like the card as much as I do and that I've inspired you to  have a go at a clean and simple project.



No comments:

Post a Comment