Monday 8 November 2021

Make it simple Monday Peaceful Deer

 Well the weather has certainly turned wintery here in my small part of the UK. There has been some beautiful bright days with clear blue skys and crispy crunch frosts in the mornings. I much prefer the bright cold days to the grim grots and grimy rainy ones. Do you find the weather influences your creativity?  It certainly does mine! I find it much easier to create when the light is bright ๐ŸŒž.  Yesterday was one such bright days so I made not 1 card for todays #simplestamping project but 4!!! The stamps I'm using this week are called Peaceful Deer. This set sprang to mind as I'm lucky enough to live near a forest,  which has deer and other wildlife right on my doorstep.

Peaceful deer Stampin up simple stamping easy Christmas card

The first card that I created used the large tree stamp. I stamped it in a lovely deep shadw of green called shaded spruce.  I inked the stamp once then stamped it . I then stamped it a second and third time with out reinking. This is called generational stamping.  It gives you 3 shades of the colour so making great use of your inks.

I then stamped the sentiment and a few pebbles to create a simple clean card.

Peaceful deer Stampin up simple stamping easy Christmas card clean looking card

I then created 2 cards using the standing and prancing deer. I stamped them both using second generation of a shade of brown called soft suede . I then used the antler stamp inked in soft suede full strength.

I then added colour highlights onto the deers using soft suede ink and a Blender pen. Blender pens are a great tool especially for those who are starting their stamping journey. The pens are great for using with waterbased inks and watercolour pencils. I dabbed an acrylic block onto the ink pad to gather some ink. I then took the blender pen and picked up some of the ink and added colour to the deer. 

The layout for the cards are all the same.  I kept the colours similar through out to give  a cohesive look to all 4 cards.

Peaceful deer Stampin up simple stamping easy card making
 
One of the differences that make the cards unique are things like the different floral collars on the deer. One has a shaded spruce collar and the other a lovely rich yellow called bumble bee.

For the fourth card in this set of #simplestamping cards I used the cute bunny stamp and the pretty snowflakes and stars. I stamped the bunny in a gentle grey called smoky slate.  I used the blender pen again to add highlights of colour to the bunny. 

I used second generation pale turquoise ink called pool party for the snowflakes all around the bunny. Again I used the same mid tone blue called misty moonlight to stamp the sentiment the same as the other 3 cards.

Peaceful deer Stampin up simple stamping easy card making

So that's the start of my creations using the Peaceful Deer stamps.

If you'd like to see how I made these cards I shall be demoing them in a live on  our Facebook page at 4pm GMT it would be great if you could join me. If you can't make it live then why not watch by clicking here

Peaceful deer Stampin up simple stamping easy card making quick Christmas cards


2 comments: