Tuesday 2 November 2021

Technique Tuesday - Christmas

Hello again, this week I am using several random stamp sets to show that you can use any set to replicate one of the cards that I make as you can with most peoples. Today is the Be Jolly stamp set. I love the simplicity of the Be Jolly, not just because of the drawings but for the simple sentiments. The technique however, is slightly a different one. The other week I used the technique of mats, lots of layers. Today is very similar but I used a card base in Coastal Cabana card and cut off a large section on the front to just give a 4cm wide strip all the way down. Inside, instead of a mat, I added a slightly smaller card base

. Using the cut off piece of Coastal Cabana, I cut it to 6.5cm by 10cm. I then cut a white mat 0.5cm smaller on 2 edges, stamped Santa and coloured him in using my Stampin' Blends. A simple sentiment to the bottom and that part is mostly complete. I cut a mat 0.5cm smaller than the 4cm front of the card and embossed it with the gorgeous Wintry embossing folder. It has 2 folders in the set, one has snowflakes and the other Conifer branches. Once embossed, the mat was added to the front of the card and the Coastal Cabana mat with Santa on was then added to the left hand panel on the front of the card.

I then stamped another image, the tree onto another mat of white and Coastal Cabana and placed that in position on the inside of the white card base. The sleigh is on the next level with another sentiment and a few robins which completes this card.



For more information on today's stamp set, plese click HERE for the link to the product.



No comments:

Post a Comment